For questions regarding attendance policies and procedures,
- Any student missing more than 15 minutes of any class will be marked with an unexcused absence for that period. A student who is absent two or more periods per day will be counted absent for the entire day. Unless a note is presented and excused within 5 days, the absences will remain unexcused.
- Any student missing more than 10 unexcused absences will lose course credit. This applies to each block respectively.
- Certificate of Attendance Forms required by the Georgia Department of Public Safety for issuance of driver’s license will be issued by the attendance office. Completed Certificates of Attendance forms will be notarized and available for pickup 48 hours after the request has been completed. Records will be kept on students receiving Certificate of Attendance Forms. There is no charge for the first form but there will be a $5.00 charge for each additional form. Certificate of Attendance Forms are good for 30 days after the issue date.
- DMV RULE: Any student accumulating 10 or more unexcused absences will be reported to the DMV as noncompliant. He/she will not be allowed to obtain his/her driver’s license or the license will be revoked. Parking privileges will also be revoked. NO EXCUSES OR NOTES WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER THE 5 DAY WINDOW SET BY THE BULLOCH COUNTY HANDBOOK.
- Teachers will take attendance within the first 5 minutes of each class. Any student not physically in class
will be marked absent.
• Any student arriving to school late must sign in at the attendance window. If applicable, teachers will
impose consequences according to the tardy policy. If a student has an authorized note, he/she should
report directly to class. Students will not be admitted into class without a note (orange pass, tardy slip
(pink), late arrival slip (green), and/or early dismissal slip (yellow).
• Students missing more than 15 minutes of class (whether at the beginning, middle, or end) will be marked
with an unexcused absence.
• Students/parents should present notes regarding absences and early dismissals to the ATTENDANCE OFFICE
WITHIN 5 DAYS OF THE ABSENCE.
• Students are required to check in or out of school through the attendance office. Failure to do so will be
considered as skipping and may result in assignment to In-School Suspension or Out-of-School
Suspension. Students may not leave campus before the end of the regular school day without checking out.
• ONCE STUDENTS ARRIVE ON CAMPUS, THEY ARE NOT TO LEAVE UNLESS THEY DO SO WITH
ADMINISTRATIVE APPROVAL THROUGH THE ATTENDANCE OFFICE.
• Illness - during the school day, a student should report to a teacher, secure a pass, and go to the nurse’s
office. No student who is sick shall stay in the restroom unsupervised but shall report to the nurse’s office.
After the nurse assesses the situation, she may determine if a student needs to go home and/or to the doctor,
and, if so, the absence will be coded “excused” with a note presented from the nurse’s office.