Let us lead by serving others
Mill Creek Spring Carnival
March 24,2017 6-8pm
see Jessica Elmore
Global Youth Initiative
Presented by John Maxwell Team
Saturday, April 22 @ 10-12 am
Sign up to attend and/or assist in whatever capacity is needed
April 25, 2017 @ 3:00 - 4:30 pm
8 Volunteers: two students at the student sign-in, two at the judge sign-in, two as runners on C100 and two as runners on B100
Contact: Mrs. Bearden
Relay for Life
Friday, April 28, 2017 @ 6 pm
Sign up to contribute food, sit at the stand to sell
Welcome New and Returning Members!
No news posted
Ideas for Community Service
- Read to the elderly at a local nursing home.
- Play an instrument for a local nursing home.
- Volunteer at the Humane Society or other animal shelter.
- Volunteer at the Boys and Girls Club.
- Volunteer at a soup kitchen
- Volunteer at Habitat for Humanity or the ReStore
- Volunteer to coach and help with athletic teams for younger children.
- Volunteer to teach lessons, such as dance or music, for younger children.
- Volunteer at school festivals / dances / social events.
- Help teachers with classroom cleanup (after school).
- Help sell concessions at sporting events.
Remember to make arrangements in advance.
- National Beta’s March Madness Scholarship Service Project (free service project materials provided; look for details in January) - Adopt a Highway Campaign - Collect items for flood/disaster relief - Assist local Head Start Programs - Volunteer for Habitat for Humanity - Plant flowers for community beautification programs - Establish tutoring service for peers - Sponsor a child for Christmas - Make fruit baskets for the elderly - Adopt a family for the Holidays - Rake leaves for a neighbor - Collect children’s books for local daycare facilities - Visit a local elderly care facility - Participate in March of Dimes March for Babies (Walk-a-thon) - Present a Veterans’ Day Program for the community - Develop a community garden - Hold a ‘penny war challenge’ to benefit a local charity - Collect unused makeup and toiletries for domestic abuse shelters - Walk dogs at the local animal shelter - Host Superhero/Princess dress-up meal at children’s hospital - Unite with other local Beta chapters for a day/weekend of service - Paint/cover up any graffiti in neighborhood - Make and distribute ‘candy-grams’ to teachers - Sponsor a bike-a-thon and give away safety gear - Send care packages to military - Knit/crochet blankets for homeless shelter - Hold a recycling competition among local schools - Create encouragement cards for nursing homes - Organize a ‘Bag to School’ program to provide students in need with materials for the school year (mid-year) - Send random notes of kindness to fellow students
SHS Chapter of Beta Club Sponsor: