Parents...We Need YOUR Help!
There are many ways to be an active part of your child’s education. The following are some ways that YOU can be a Blue Devil for a Day:
- Enroll in Parent Portal. This system will send you email notices about your child’s grades and attendance. For more information, contact Shannon Anderson (email@example.com)
- Be in constant contact with your child(ren)’s teacher(s). Call, email, or request parent conferences. Teacher emails can be found at shs.bulloch.k12.ga.us
- Be a part of our Academic Booster Community. Let your voice be heard! This group supports academic competitions, fine arts, and student recognition. Links can be found on the SHS website.
- Volunteer to help at athletic events (concessions, tickets, etc.). Contact Georgette Thompson, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Be a chaperone for field trips.
- Volunteer to help your child’s teachers in the classroom (shelve books, rearrange desks, clean boards, organize files, etc.)
- Help in the main/front office.
- Help serve during faculty social functions.
- Become a tutor before/after school.
- Help coaches. If your child participates in an athletic event, ask his/her coach if they need extra hands.
- Volunteer at academic competitions such as literary. We could always use extra help in the hospitality rooms for judges and guests as well as guide for guests to help navigate our building.
- Communicate with us about your concerns and suggestions.
- Ask any administrator or staff member for more suggestions.
WE ARE STATESBORO!
Be a Blue Devil for a Day by Volunteering at Statesboro High School!