LInk to ebooks using SORA Search for a book/check account
Welcome to the SHS Media Center!
7:52 a.m. - 3:40 p.m. (Monday-Thursday), 7:52-3:20 (Friday)
Mrs. Altman is out in the hallway in the morning...swing by to see her if you would like a LUNCH pass to the Media Center.
OR...Mrs. Anderson is at the front desk handing out passes
OR...your 5th period teacher may write you a BLUE MEDIA PASS.
Come see us!
Please stop by the media center any time (with a pass) and "Check Out" our new books. We have over 150 new titles that have arrived over the summer just in time for YOU! We also have great non-fiction books that will support your research...especially for your SENIOR PROJECT.
We have a wide format printer. For only $5 you can create any poster you would like and use our wonderful new wide format printer. Create an 11x17 Word or Publisher and email it to Mrs. Amy Altman or Mrs. Shannon Anderson
All Black/white Printing is $.05 per page
Color Printing $.25
Remember we also have basic school supplies on sale...
Spiral Notebooks, CD's, DVD's, Report Covers, Composition Notebooks...all $1
We also have Notebooks, notecards, and page protectors for your Senior Project.
Advanced Google Search
Type your keywords in the search box
At the bottom of the screen on the line titled Usage Rights,
use the dropdown menu to change to “labeled for reuse”
Click the Google Search button
1. Textbooks and all media center materials may only be checked with your secure student ID number.
2. Once you get your textbooks, PUT YOUR NAME IN THE FRONT IN PEN. When you work in groups, make sure you get your textbook. You do not get credit for turning in just any textbook! IT MUST BE THE ONE THAT IS SCANNED/CHECKED OUT TO YOU DURING THE FIRST FEW DAYS OF CLASS.
3. You must turn in or pay for all textbooks prior to the end of the school year.
4. DO NOT loan, leave or lose your book. DO NOT allow a friend to turn in your book for you. DO NOT leave your book in your teachers’ classrooms…someone will pick it up and you may never see it again! IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY! When you turn in your textbooks, make sure the library worker verifies that you have turned in the correct textbook.
5. Log into the catalog on the right to determine your book number, if your book is still checked out, and the price of the book. Log into the catalog using your lunch number as the user name and your birthday information as your password.
6. Questions? Stop by the media center and we will be glad to help!
Meet Your Media Specialists
Use the links above to access our Wakelets to see what we have been reading and other valuable resources we have found.
Top Tools Used at SHS
Audacity: Edit and mix your own music or audio files
Bookseer.com: If you enjoyed a book and would like suggestions of other books like it, try this site for book ideas
Canva: Great tool for creating resumes, logos, cards, posters, YOU NAME IT! Create an account using your Google log in.
Dropbox: free online file storage...access your documents anywhere
Floorplanner: Design and create your on floor plan!
Good Reads: a great site for finding books for teens...voted on by teens
Library of Congress: Great research tool. Also, free and extensive pictures from history and contemporary America under "prints and photographs".
PhotoStory: free software from Microsoft that allows you to easily create a photo slide show with music or narration...a favorite of the media center.
Poster My Wall: Creative web site to create event posters, resumes, invitations, etc.
Lexile - Info for Parents and Students
Lexile is the new BUZZ word in education. Well, its not really so new! Know what it is in a nutshell? How well you/your student reads and comprehends. We know reading is important. Click on the links below to get down to the nuts and bolts of what educators are focusing on and why!
Evaluating Web Pages
TIPS: Organize videos, music and pictures in a folder on your network folder or in DROPBOX.
Make sure all video clips "go with you" or when you open Movie Maker, your edited clips will not be there.