Technology Student Association
Join the Technology Student Association
- Club Advisor: Mr. Collins
- Join our TSA's Remind Messaging by Texting the message @68a298 to the number 81010.
- We meet in the Engineering & Technology Education Lab: Room C-143. TSA meets on Monday's and Thursday's after school from 3:05 - 5:00 unless otherwise informed by Mr. Collins
- TSA Membership Form PDF
- TSA Membership Form Word
Learn More About TSA
- National TSA Type Promo Video
- Like TSA on Facebook
- Follow TSA on Twitter (@NationalTSA)
- Follow TSA on Instagram (@NationalTSA)
Events & Competitions
- TSA Fall Leadership Conference
- VEX Robotics Competition
- Game VRC Game
- Watch our competition video.
- Technology Day at the Georgia National Fair
- National TSA Week in October
- Fall Food Drive Kick-off
- My Chapter Monday: #MadeInTSA Monday - Join our National TSA Facebook and post a photo or you and members.
- Team TSA Tuesday: Teammate Tuesday: Join our National TSA Twitter and post a comment or post a photo at Facebook
- Welcome Wednesday: We are TSA Wednesday: Post a photo to the National TSA Facebook page of anything related to TSA and explain WHY you choose to be a part of TSA
- Throwback Thursday: Post a favorite TSA photo of you and your chapter from your early years in TSA. Ideas include: a photo of your first TSA conference or working on your first competition
- Forever TSA Friday: Post a collage of all chapter photos relating to TSA. Show off your TSA fashion and post a picture of you in official TSA attire!
Governor's Honors Program
|Architectural Design Competition:|
For the architectural design competition, the guidelines say to include the mentorship verification form in the pdf files. However, the mentorship verification form require students' names to be included, and the guidelines specifically say NOT to have students' names anywhere on the project. That presents a contradiction and a potential for a judge to affect an entry based on the guideline against using a kid's or school's name in the entry.
I contacted the National Event Manager who wrote the contest rules and his response was to use student's initials in place of their name on that form.
|Prepared Presentation Competition:|
As we did last year, I will not wait until the first day of the state conference to give the topic of the Prepared Presentation Event to the registered students. The topic will be emailed to all registered HS Advisors the week following the close of Conference Registration.
Please click here for the design brief.
Theme: Create an interactive animatronic robot for a local Zoo or aquarium.
Please click here for the design problem.
Area of focus: Food
Theme: Electronically Enhanced Book – Participants are to design an electronically enhanced book in which the electronics enrich the storybook experience.
Debating Technological Issues
Topic: Information Security in Modern Life
Subtopic 1: Resolved: Genetic Discovery Companies (such as 23 and me) should be able to sell or make available your genetic profile to third parties.
Subtopic 2: Resolved: Companies should be able to sell your usage data (history, bookmarks, application downloads, etc) of their equipment to third parties.
Subtopic 3: Resolved: Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) and Global Positioning Systems (GPS) should be used on student badges to take attendance and track students' movements around school campuses.
Digital Video Production
Theme: TSA Competitive Event Infomercial
There is no special theme for 2018 Dragster Design
Theme: Engineer the Tools of Scientific Discovery
Fashion Design and Technology
Theme: 1980's Fashion - Trends and Styles
Each team should design and create from scratch three (3) garments that represent one (1) of the 1980's era fashion trends.
Theme: The Battle Between Nature and Technology - Who Wins?
Structural Design and Engineering
Please click here for the problem statement.
HS Structural Design and Engineering Team Assessment Form
High School Structural Design and Engineering Team Verification
Theme: The History of Stock Car Racing
Video Game Design
Participants focus on the idea of their choice, within the context of the 2018 theme: Sports Games
Please click here for the design brief.
Word Format: State Leadership Conference Registration Packet
PDF Format: State Leadership Conference Registration Packet
Registration Deadline: January 18, 2022 - $350.00 Registration & Hotel Fees Due
TSA Competition List - See Mr. Collins to sign up for the specific competition of your choice.
Check for changes below to your event! Be prepared!
When preparing for upcoming TSA competitions, be sure to check the TSA website for the most current competition updates and clarifications. Please check this link regularly so that your chapter members will have the most up-to-date guidelines for competitions in which they may be competing. These are the competitions that are currently affected: Updates and Clarifications are posted on an ongoing basis, so please be sure to check the update page on a regular basis. Any information posted via this link (as well as the general rules for each competition found in TOTAL TSA) will apply to entries submitted for competitive events at the 2017 national TSA conference.
College and Career Path Information and Resources
Career Planning at Georgia Futures
US Department of Labor - "Occupational Outlook Handbook"